tmgroup welcomes new era of fully digital AP1 submission
tmgroup have welcomed the announcement of HM Land Registry’s plans for AP1 submission to go fully digital from November 2022. The announcement heralds a significant moment in industry history, as the first time the agency has made a digital channel mandatory.
From next Autumn, HM Land Registry will no longer be accepting traditional scanned or PDF copies of AP1s for changes to existing titles via the HM Land Registry portal. However, with tmconvey already connected to HM Land Registry’s Business Gateway platform, conveyancers can rest assured they’ll be more than prepared come November 2022 and can continue to do business as per “the new normal” via tmconvey.
They can even get ahead of the game, as Jane Towner, Customer Experience Director at tmgroup comments:
“Our customers have long been enjoying the benefits of submitting their registration applications digitally and directly on the tmconvey portal – via the Post-Completion Service. However, we know how challenging it can be for busy conveyancing practitioners to embrace change. As long standing partners of HM Land Registry, we’re ready to give firms all the support they need to be ready for November 2022, and show them just how simple adopting digital registration applications can be.”
Here are just some of the advantages that firms taking a digital, forward-thinking approach to AP1 submissions are benefiting from;
- REDUCE HMLR REQUISITIONS: tmgroup’s smart forms validate and error-check every section before you hit send – helping to reduce the number of requisitions your firm receives.
- REDUCE DOUBLE ENTRY AND SAVE TIME: By completing your searches, SDLT submissions, and AP1 submissions all in one place, you can reduce the chore of double entry and help your team work more efficiently.
- DIRECT, SAFE AND RELIABLE SUBMISSION: All SDLT & AP1 forms submitted via tmconvey are sent directly to HMRC and HM Land Registry respectively. tmgroup also use encrypted data and passwords to help keep your and your clients’ details safe.
- AUTOMATED AUDIT TRAIL FOR SDLTs AND AP1s: No matter how many forms are in progress, tmgroup’s dashboards help you see the status of every submission at a single glance – and give you all the information you’ll need if you ever need to prove compliance.
- ‘IMPENDING CANCELLATION DATE’ REMINDERS: tmgroup’s handy reminders let your team know when an AP1 is about to expire, so they have a chance to act before it’s too late and they have to start all over again – reducing the risk of AP1s being cancelled.
That’s not all, as tmgroup’s Product Manager, Joanna King, adds:
“tmgroup’s eAP1 tool is invaluable for multi-team conveyancing operations. With the full visibility of all applications being lodged by the law firm, users can easily review drafts, attend to requisitions, or check submission progress, including their colleagues’ applications, all within tmconvey. This is really helpful, particularly when providing cover for holidays or other absences.
Most importantly, digital applications, which are automatically checked for errors, remove many of the manual tasks traditionally required by LR caseworkers to process an application. This in turn will also translate to quicker processing times for registrations by HM Land Registry.”
Click here to find out more about tmgroup’s Post-Completion service. Alternatively, get in touch with your tmgroup Account Manager, or Martin Manning (Head of Account Management at tmgroup) on 07747216424 to arrange a demo.
This article was submitted to be published by tmgroup as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Conveyancer. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Conveyancer.