Legal Eye prepare to attend SLC Conference
DCLG are set to present at this year’s SLC Conference, which Legal Eye are pleased to be attending.
With a focus on the changing landscape of conveyancing, it follows the launch of the Government’s Call for Evidence – seeking the views of professionals that are involved within the home buying process.
Hosted by Kate Faulkner, the event is set to be even bigger than last year, featuring talks from a range of industry professionals, as well as key networking opportunities for attendees to engage with fellow members.
As well as a specialist presentation from the DCLG, additional confirmed speakers and discussion points include:
- Graham Farrant, CEO at Land Registry on their digital strategy
- Stephen Ward, CLC with The Regulator’s Update
- Matt Prior from DCLG on Improving the Home Buying and Selling Process
- Paul Kellaway from the CMA on their recommendations on transparency in legal service provision
- Hannah Mackinlay, CEO of PropertyLaw.Guru on the latest hot topics in conveyancing
- Linda Beal, Head of Product Management at NHBC giving an introduction to NHBC, the structure of Buildmark, the conveyancers’ role and the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Ed Donne, Howden Group with an update on Cyber, ID and other risks and insurance
Attending the event from the Legal Eye team are Managing Director, Paul Saunders and Senior Associate and Compliance Consultant, Norman Denton.
Looking forward to the Conference, Paul stated: “It’ll be good to discover how the Society are developing their support for the sector. The regulatory and legislative landscapes are bound to undergo serious changes after the introduction of the GDPR next year and the recently implemented Criminal Finance Act; amidst speculation, it will be interesting to see the real extent of the impact they have on the sector. As a group, we are also involved with the CMA’s program of transparency, so are keen to hear Paul Kellaway’s presentation and talk to people about how they may look at taking these proposals on board.”
This year’s Conference, in association with Bold Legal Group, is due to be held on 15th November at the Riverside Centre, Derby.
If you’d like to book your place, or for further details, please visit http://www.conveyancers.org.uk/events/.
We look forward to seeing you there!
This article was submitted to be published by Legal Eye as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Conveyancer. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Conveyancer.