Index Property Information To Present Interactive Masterclass Series
Leading property search provider Index Property Information have teamed up with conveyancing experts to provide a brand new interactive digital masterclass series for property professionals.
Due to Covid-19 social distancing restrictions, Index Property Information have taken their previously planned events and cleverly transformed them into an interactive masterclass series. The aim is to offer the same level of expert insight for the legal property sector, but in a digital rather than physical environment. Hosted by leading industry experts Richard Snape and Ian Quayle, the free interactive sessions will cover topics such as the latest key issues in conveyancing, easements and covenants, and planning law for conveyancers.
Richard Snape has been the Head of Professional Support at Davitt Jones Bould since 2002. Previously the Head of Land Law at the University of West of England Bristol, his specialist areas include both commercial and residential property. A brilliantly engaging speaker, Richard is particularly knowledgeable on matters relating to local government law, conveyancing issues and development land.
Richard’s sessions for the masterclass series will be running on 25th August, 16th September and 22nd October 2020 at 2 p.m., and will be covering the following topics:
- Key Conveyancing Issues
This course aims to update delegates on the latest news and developments within the conveyancing industry including:
- The latest news on Coronavirus
- Estate rent charges
- The latest on ground rents and mortgage requirements
- Septic tank replacement
- The latest TA6 enquiries
- The new protocol
- Recent case law
- Essential Planning Law for Conveyancers
Planning law is constantly changing and evolving. This course aims to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest developments. Topics include:
- Planning permission and enforcement periods
- Breach of planning conditions
- Pre-commencement conditions which may render planning permission void
- What to do in the case of listed buildings
- Specific problem areas
- Planning permission in Wales
- Community Infrastructure Levy and its effect on the purchaser
- Termination of Commercial Leases by the Tenant
This course is designed to look at the issues around the termination of commercial leases, and suggest solutions for any problems that might occur including:
- Empty properties and keep open clauses
- Exercising break clauses and conditions precedent
- Serving the break notice
- Options to renew as opposed to breaks
- Peaceable re-entry and the issues for the landlord
- Statutory requirements and insurance issues whilst the property is empty
- Business rates on empty properties
- Company voluntary arrangements
Principal trainer at IQ Legal Training Ian Quayle is an expert in delivering educational sessions. He has delivered over 1500 property-related courses for city and regional firms, local law societies and even local authorities. His relaxed style allows him to deliver the fundamentals of every session in a way that allows delegates to learn as much as possible.
Ian’s sessions for the interactive masterclass series will run between November 2020 and February 2021, and will be as follows:
- Dealing with Searches and Enquiries – Due Diligence, Best Practice, Avoiding Claims and Problems
Wednesday 11th November at 11 a.m.
- Residential Leasehold Transactions – Tips and Traps
Monday 14th December at 11 a.m.
- Easements and Covenants – What do You Need to Know?
Monday 18th January at 11 a.m.
- Dealing with Mixed Use Properties – Key Issues for Residential Conveyancers
Monday 15th February at 11 a.m.
This article was submitted to be published by Index Property Information as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Conveyancer. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Conveyancer.