Challenges and Changes for Conveyancers
Stewart Title hosting FREE CPD Webinar on the most important issues for property lawyers in 2020
Ever since the effects of the Coronavirus epidemic started to hit the real estate market in March, Stewart Title has been proud to work with noted property law expert Ian Quayle to deliver a unique series of FREE CPD Webinars for property lawyers.
Thousands of you have joined our webinars to benefit from Ian’s extensive knowledge and experience and we know that many conveyancers have employed some of Ian’s many useful tips and techniques to ensure they are even better equipped during this time to provide the best service to clients.
In our final webinar for 2020 on Wednesday 9 December Ian will review 2020’s legal developments and will also look at some new cases. Topics will include:
- Where are we now with residential leases – defective leases law reform and high rise blocks
- Client identification – best practice
- Property fraud – what can we learn from Stoffel and Co. v Grondona  UKSC 42
- Changes to Land Registry Practice
- Dealing with the end of the SDLT window
- Key cases from 2020
- What’s in store for 2021
This article was submitted to be published by Stewart Title as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Conveyancer. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Conveyancer.