Ask An Expert: Rob Hailstone Answers Your Questions
As the eyes and ears of 700 conveyancing organisations as founder and head of the Bold Legal Group, Rob Hailstone is well respected within the conveyancing sector.
And in Lawyer Checker’s latest Ask an Expert Key Relationship Manager Tom Lyes invited Rob to answer questions posed by attendees.
The interview, which can be seen below covers topics including:
- Greater engagement with all stakeholders and the possibility of a “HIP” like sellers pack
- The time between sale and exchange of contracts, and simultaneous exchange and completions
- Conveyancing fees
- The challenges presented by Covid-19
Balancing the realities of the current climate and how firms could, and should, be looking to operate post lockdown, Rob provides his insight suggesting:
1) Simultaneous exchange and completions might seem attractive now but in the grand scheme of things are not ideal to keep going like that.
In an ideal world exchange would take place around 10 working days into the transaction and that would give enough certainty early on for most people but still give time for people to arrange removals. You would then be looking at around 30 working days for completion
2) Law firms should be thinking ahead and talking to their estate agents about things they can do together such as getting vendors instructed early and getting documents prepared. This will help cashflow over the coming months for both parties.
3) HMLR have e-signatures at the top of their agenda and are looking at what they can do to introduce e-signatures across the board in the coming months but it’s going to take time
4) Unfortunately we will continue to see firms closing their doors as the impact of the economic climate continues to bite. Law firms need to be extra careful in carrying out diligence on the other side because of this and should use things like Lawyer Checker and the BLG bulletin to keep well on top of things.
For more information about how Lawyer Checker can help with strategic risk management please contact Tom Lyes ([email protected]) on 0800 133 7127.
This article was submitted to be published by Lawyer Checker as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Conveyancer. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Conveyancer.