Are You Ready For Pro Bono Week?
This year’s Pro Bono week is taking place on the 4th – 8th November 2019.
This is the 18th year the week has been recognised. The week is designed to provide an opportunity to encourage and recognise the voluntary contribution of lawyers in giving free legal help to those in need.
There are four key themes surrounding this week. These are:
- Changing lives through pro bono – highlighting how legal volunteering makes a difference to the public and can lead to changes in the law
- Celebrating pro bono – showcasing pro bono work and achievements of volunteer lawyers; for example the Advocate Bar Pro Bono Awards on Wednesday 6th November 2019.
- Why pro bono is good to you – demonstrating the career value of pro bono through events which explore the benefits of pro bono in terms of collaboration and impact on practice development
- New developments in pro bono – specific areas of development and best practice in pro bono schemes, such as cross-sector collaboration, new forms of pro bono practice, improving pro bono technical assistance and use of new legal technology
Lots of events are going on across the nation, these include:
- Pro Bono Week Launch event with Joshua Rozenberg on pro bono and human rights (Monday 4th November, The Law Society)
- A Celebration of International Pro Bono, hosted by A4ID (Tuesday 5th November, Allen & Overy LLP). This showcase some of the ROLE UK programme’s supported partnerships and provide an opportunity for idea-sharing and networking
- Bar Pro Bono Awards 2019 hosted by Advocate (Wednesday 6th November, Child & Co)
- Advocate Clerks drop in morning (Chancery Lane) (Thursday 7th November)
Join in with the pro bono week on social media by using the hashtags #wedoprobono #probonoweek