New Panel Created By SRA To Advise On Policy
A team has been named that will advise the Solicitors Regulation Authority to “help deliver our work in a way that meets the public interest and is responsive to changes in the legal services market.” says chief executive Paul Philip.
The core panel members announced are;
- Kate Briscoe, chief executive of consumer website Legal Beagles;
- Claire Blades, legal services policy and development manager at Citizens Advice;
- Professor Chris Decker, economist at Oxford University;
- Philip Goodstone, a partner at EY and head of its alternative business structure;
- Professor Martin Lodge, professor of political science and public policy at the London School of Economics;
- Rosemary Martin, group general counsel and company secretary at Vodafone Group, and a member of the Lawtech Delivery Panel.
All panel members were approached directly by the board of the SRA “for their particular experience”, rather than the positions having to be applied for. The panel may change though as it “will be refreshed from time to time” with new panellist being asked to join, Mr Philip told Legal Futures.