March 2017 HM Land Registry Price Paid Data
Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry sets out the details of residential and commercial land and property sales in England and Wales.
During March 2017, 96,565 sales were lodged for registration.
- 67,893 were freehold
- 14,849 were new builds
- 33,024 sales occurred in March 2017
- 510 in March 2017 were residential sales in England and Wales for £1 million and over
- 305 in March 2017 were residential sales in London for £1 million and over
When looking at the type of property lodged for registration, there was also variation in March’s figures:
- 20,569 were detached
- 22,796 were semi-detached
- 24,779 were terraced
- 21,160 were a flat or maisonette
- 7,261 were classed as ‘other’
In March 2017, the most expensive residential sale took place in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, where a terraced property sold for £11,250,000.
The cheapest, however, occurred in Northumberland and Dorset, where a terraced property and flat both sold for £10,000.
Commercially speaking, the most expensive sale during March 2017 took place in Bristol for £52,880,562.
The cheapest commercial sales occurred for £100 in Benfleet, Chesterfield, Corby, Lancing, Woking, and the London Borough of Waltham Forest.