HMLR enable users to update name following change of gender

HM Land Registry have recently released a form enabling registered owners to update their name in the land register following a change of gender.

There is no fee when applying for form CNG, but users must be able to provide evidence that their gender has been changed.

This can be in the form of a gender recognition certificate, a new birth certificate, or a letter from a UK Medical practitioner. The letter must confirm that the applicant has lived in the gender for the past two years at least. All evidence must be in its original form as opposed to a copy.

Applicants must then set out the name they wish to be removed from the register as well as the name that they wish it to be replaced with.

Once form CNG has been completed, it needs to be sent to the address set out on the form.

Form CNG can be accessed here.

Today's Conveyancer