Book Review: Conveyancing Fees and Duties – 19th June 2010
Russell Hewitson Principal Lecturer in Law, Northumbria University has compiled the 35th Edition of Bloomsbury’s title Conveyancing Fees and Duties.
Many conveyancers will have used this booklet over the years and the slim easy to navigate booklet must be a useful resource for many practitioners who still prefer books to internet access information.
– SDLT — with a brief overview and all the relevant rate tables
– Land Registry — office addresses, application form references, fee scale tables, land charges information
– Local Land Charges — Searches and Enquiries – web addresses and telephone numbers for all local authorities
– Water and Drainage — address and price information for all water authorities
– Commons Registration Search information
– Environmental Searches and reports.
– Coal Mining Searches and Reports
– Plus a host of useful information about everything from the London Underground to the Law Society interest rates
Overall this is a very easy to use book that could benefit fee earners and secretaries however the majority of information in the booklet is easy to find on the internet or in the information section of Today’s Conveyancer.