Borrowing from a tweet by Paul Hajek of Clutton Cox we focus on a prestigious award for a conveyancer that was open to the whole legal profession.. The annual 360 legal group awards dinner was held on the 7th October near Tower Bridge in London and the winners were:
1. Most Innovative Marketing Idea: Birmingham based Blakemores with their new brand “Lawyers2You”. Blakemore’s have embraced a 21st century marketing strategy to create a refreshing and modern persona for their firm. The award was accepted by Guy Barnett, the Managing Partner. Blakemores have also taken law to the people by setting up in Shopping Centres throughout the Midlands.
2. Outstanding Achievement Award: The winners were Welsh firm Watkins and Gunn from Pontypool and Newport. As their website says they “exceed expectation” and their award was for recognition of increased fee income with measurable client satisfaction at an all time high.
3. Managing Partner Award: Stephen Hewitt of London based Fisher Meredith was the proud recipient of this award. Since becoming managing partner in 2000, Stephen has overseen the considerable task of transforming a highly dependent publically funded firm into a thriving private client firm.
4. Law Firm of the Year: The most prestigious award of the evening went to the Brethertons, which is based in Banbury, Rugby and London. Brethertons according to the legal “bible” Chambers UK 2011 has enhanced its credentials as a leading law firm. It has five solicitors recognised as leaders in their field by Chambers UK, the legal research directory. It is also one of only 26 firms instructed by the government to represent parents in international child abduction cases. Senior Partner Shaun Jardine, who is quite used to receiving awards on behalf of the successful firm, accepted the award.
5. Most Effective Social Networker: This award went to Paul Hajek of Chipping Sodbury based Clutton Cox, who writes a very informative and readable blog on the Clutton Cox website. Solicitors can now use the ever-growing social networks to grow their law firms and market direct to clients on the internet. With the assistance of Mr Hajek’s blog, the Clutton Cox website has now achieved a Google Page Rank of 4 – 40% of their work now comes directly from the internet
Interestingly for conveyancing firms the "social networker" award went to a conveyancer and shortly afterward Optima starts to tweet.
Optima Legal Direct are tweeting, Clutton Cox and others are blogging others are using linkedin and facebook. What are you doing to define your brand on the web?
David Sprake a Director of www.solicitor.info
which ranks on page 1 of Google for the words "solicitor" and "good solicitor" said;
"Modern marketing for law firms is increasingly about presence on the internet. Those that engage with blogs, twitter and search engine optimisation are likely to be the firms that reach out to markets compared to those firms that are stuck in their high street."
With Wigster launching in a matter of days those firms complaining that they haven’t got enough work have plenty of examples to show how it can be done.
If you want more information about marketing your practice on the internet please contact Chris Harris via [email protected]
Today’s Conveyancer – conveyancing news that matters.