We are hosting a FREE webinar in conjunction with FCI on 21st October at 11am. Hosted by Neil Wood, Senior Business Development Manager, FCI, the webinar will cover neighbourhood changes
We are hosting a FREE webinar in conjunction with FCI on 21st October at 11am. Hosted by Neil Wood, Senior Business Development Manager, FCI, the webinar will cover neighbourhood changes and the impact of planning decisions on property transactions.
Planning and Neighbourhood Change
- Recent history: Localism Act, neighbourhood plans/consultation but slow builds, not keeping up with household demand/housing crisis
- Move to centralisation – Jenrick overhaul with new Housing Plan – the “mutant algorithm” & opposition Vs. housing targets – traditional NIMBY tensions
- Council allocations of land for development – calls for land, land use zoning and SHEELAs
- Impact of urban expansion on rural fringes – case study of Winchester
- Impact of reversion to brownfield first and infill – examples of urban disruption
- The need to pay close attention to land use changes and planning permissions/applications, especially land acquisition and prior failed applications that will come back amended
- The human impact of neighbourhood change
- Negative: noise, traffic, air quality, loss of view/value
- Positive: gentrification/renewal, precedent and trendfor extensions, dormer windows etc. for improvements and capital growth/ forever homes
- The role of planning data and searches – recognising its importance
- Planning report features and availability
To help safeguard your client and your practice risk management in these matters, we highly recommend you join us.
(Thursday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm