Event Overview The delivery of legal services and the way in which conveyancing is effected is changing and with the adoption of technology and a fair political wind rapidly so. In
The delivery of legal services and the way in which conveyancing is effected is changing and with the adoption of technology and a fair political wind rapidly so. In this half day event we take a look at some of the developments happening now, as well as what’s on the horizon for conveyancing practitioners, including:
- A key note highlighting the possible future of conveyancing and those who undertake it,
- Various stakeholders recognising the value of supplying the data they hold as data feeds, rather than as static reports – which will impact the way in which conveyancers compile and provide information to their clients,
- Highlighting the dual threats of cyber crime and money laundering and the new and innovative solutions being deployed to help mitigate the risks through the use of TPMA’s (Third Party Managed Accounts) and Open Banking,
- The changes HMLR are considering as part of their Digital Street programme and beyond,
- Improving the client on-boarding process through greater use of technology such as e-signatures and potential vocal or facial recognition.
We finish the day with a cyber security workshop where we look at some real world examples of how conveyancing firms are being targeted, and how to better protect your business.
(Tuesday) 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
HM Land Registry
HM Land Registry, 2 Castle Wharf, Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7AU